Suggested Reading and Viewing
If you would like to learn more about this topic, we recommend the following resources.
Suggested reading has not been compiled for this entry.
Ohio native, Irvin McDowell was a prominent Union general during the American Civil War. He commanded the Army of Northeastern Virginia during the Battle of Bull Run I and was relieved of his command after this Union defeat. As a corps commander in the Army of Virginia, he later received much of the blame for the Federal defeat at the Battle of Bull Run II.
- Army of Northeastern Virginia
- Army of Northern Virginia
- Army of the Potomac (USA)
- Army of the Shenandoah (USA) (1864)
- Erasmus D. Keyes
- General Orders, No. 101 (Army of the Potomac)
- General Orders, No. 103 (U.S. War Department)
- General Orders, No. 201 (U.S. War Department)
- George B. McClellan
- John Pope
- Mexican-American War
- P.G.T. Beauregard
- Peninsula Campaign
- President Lincoln's Executive Order Constituting the Army of Virginia
- President's War Order No. 2
This entry has not been associated with any time periods.