The following links contain more information on the topic of this entry. Although we have reviewed these links, we do not certify the accuracy of information, nor endorse points of view that may be expressed.
External links have not been added to this entry.
Ambrose Burnside was one of five generals to command the Union Army of the Potomac during the American Civil War. He also served as the commander of the Department of the Ohio, where he worked diligently to weaken Peace Democrat and Copperhead opposition to the Union war effort.
- Army of the Potomac (USA)
- Battle of Antietam
- Battle of Cold Harbor
- Battle of Fredericksburg
- Battle of North Anna
- Battle of Spotsylvania Court House
- Battle of the Crater
- Battle of the Wilderness
- Clement Vallandigham
- Department of the Ohio
- East Tennessee Campaign
- General Orders, No. 182 (U.S. War Department)
- General Orders, No. 184 (Army of the Potomac)
- General Orders, No. 20 (Headquarters of the Army)
- General Orders, No. 20 (U.S. War Department)
- General Orders, No. 38 (Department of the Ohio)
- General Orders, No. 38 (DOO)
- General Orders, No. 41 (U.S. War Department)
- General Orders, No. 84 (Department of the Ohio)
- General Orders, No. 97 (U.S. War Department) (1865)
- George B. McClellan
- James Longstreet
- Knoxville Campaign
- Petersburg Campaign
- President Lincoln's Executive Order Relieving General G. B. McClellan and Making Other Changes
- Ulysses S. Grant
This entry has not been associated with any time periods.