Events in Civil War (1865)
- 1865 - April, 20
- President Lincoln's Casket Lies in State at the U.S. Capitol - President Lincoln's laid in state at the U.S. Capitol, where an estimated 25,000 visitors paid their last respects.
- 1865 - April, 19
- Abraham Lincoln's Funeral - After being assassinated by John Wilkes Booth, President Abraham Lincoln's funeral was held at the White House. Read more »
- 1865 - April, 18
- Abraham Lincoln Lies in State - Three days after dying from a bullet wound to the head inflicted by assassin John Wilkes Booth, President Lincoln laid in state at the White House for dignitaries. Read more »
- 1865 - April, 15
- President Lincoln Dies - Abraham Lincoln died at 7:22 a.m. from wounds received when assassin John Wilkes Booth fired a bullet into the back of his head the night before. Read more »
- 1865 - April, 14
- Lincoln Assassination - John Wilkes Booth shoots Abraham Lincoln in the head as the President watches a play at Fords Theater in Washington. Lincoln died the next morning. Read more »
- 1865 - April, 12
- Army of Northern Virginia Surrenders - Confederate soldiers stacked their arms and relinquished their battle flags during the official surrender of the Army of Northern Virginia at Appomattox Court House, Virginia. Read more »
- 1865 - April, 9
- Robert E. Lee Surrenders - After Federal troops surrounded the Army of Northern Virginia, Robert E. Lee surrendered his beleaguered army to Ulysses S. Grant at the home of Wilmer McLean at Appomattox Court House, Virginia.
Help support the ongoing development of Ohio Civil War Central by clicking the banner and then purchasing products from Amazon.com.