Quick Facts about the subject of this entry.
There are not any quick facts for this entry.
Ambrose Burnside was one of five generals to command the Union Army of the Potomac during the American Civil War. He also served as the commander of the Department of the Ohio, where he worked diligently to weaken Peace Democrat and Copperhead opposition to the Union war effort.
- Army of the Potomac (USA)
- Battle of Antietam
- Battle of Cold Harbor
- Battle of Fredericksburg
- Battle of North Anna
- Battle of Spotsylvania Court House
- Battle of the Crater
- Battle of the Wilderness
- Clement Vallandigham
- Department of the Ohio
- East Tennessee Campaign
- General Orders, No. 182 (U.S. War Department)
- General Orders, No. 184 (Army of the Potomac)
- General Orders, No. 20 (Headquarters of the Army)
- General Orders, No. 20 (U.S. War Department)
- General Orders, No. 38 (Department of the Ohio)
- General Orders, No. 38 (DOO)
- General Orders, No. 41 (U.S. War Department)
- General Orders, No. 84 (Department of the Ohio)
- General Orders, No. 97 (U.S. War Department) (1865)
- George B. McClellan
- James Longstreet
- Knoxville Campaign
- Petersburg Campaign
- President Lincoln's Executive Order Relieving General G. B. McClellan and Making Other Changes
- Ulysses S. Grant
This entry has not been associated with any time periods.